Thursday, June 14, 2007

Week 8, Thing 18b

OMG, of course I create the hugest document ever to post. Oh well, too bad. I probably spent way too much time monkeying around with it too, but I really wanted to explore Google Docs. I chose that one simply because I use several Google-based tools and Google is heading for world domination. Anyway, it's a really cool collaborative tool! It's neat the be able to have other people be allowed to make changes to a document. I have had occasions where other people have told me they made changes in a document that I've sent as an email attachment. What they didn't realize was that they couldn't make changes directly in the document. They had to save, change, save, reattach, etc. This would be a perfect tool to get around all that! Here's the downside. I am super-used to tables in Word. I'm pretty good at tweaking them. I couldn't tweak this nearly as much as I wanted. Consequently, it's not as pretty as I'd like. Plus, the refresh kept screwing up my cut and paste. Also, the undo didn't undo as many times as I would have thought. Overall, this was a pretty cool tool though!

No comments: