Sunday, June 24, 2007

I've tackled another Thing!

It took the better part of two days, but by gum, I've managed to clean my guest bedroom, paint it, and redecorate it. Hooray! I've even managed to take some before and after pictures so everyone could see the amazing transformation. Below are the before pictures. Things are a little messy. One of my early sewing projects was making the valances for this bedroom. They used to be navy blue with a burgundy flip side. I can't believe how much the blue faded!


And now for the reveal...




















It's hard to tell from the photos (lighting is so important!), but the paint is a robin's egg blue. I repurposed some sheers from my family room so I could tie the blues and greens in the bedspread together. I even managed to put pictures in the picture frames. Now I need a nap! This was one Thing that I've been wanting to do for a while, but just haven't had the gumption to do. Of course, most of the crap that was stored in this room is now stored in our home office. We've ordered a futon for that room so my niece has a place to sleep when she comes down. Sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag was cool when she was younger, but it'll start wearing thin soon. So now we've got a week or two before the futon frame comes and we need to do something with all of the junk. I probably shouldn't keep putting off another one of my Things - the yard sale. That would clear a bunch of junk pretty quickly!

3 comments:

Stella said...

Good job! The room is much lighter now with the sheer curtains. And I love the robin's egg blue walls.

PiratePrincess said...

Very nice. It's cheerful, peaceful (as a bedroom should be), and pretty. I'm loving the robin's egg blue color! :)

para6utiStKA said...

oh,good job!i find this room better than it was!now it's preety.i love the robin's egg blue color.cool!