Friday, June 15, 2007

Week Nine, Thing 23

YES!!! Thing 23! WOOHOO! So here's the part where I summarize my thoughts, I guess. So, on to those thought-provoking questions...

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? Well, obviously I liked creating my Meez. Playing dress-up with an online animated skinny mini-me is obviously a good time. Not suprisingly, I loved playing with Barbie as a child. This is like an acceptable adult alternative. :) I also loved putting together a list of RSS feeds on my Bloglines page. I've read several articles that I would've have otherwise missed.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? Well, first of all, I think I'll keep blogging. Also, as mentioned above, I'm getting a ton more news than I did! As cliche as it sounds, it's brought the world in closer to me. I have been arguing for some time that the Internet isn't separating us, but bringing us closer. Things like the podcast I found and some of the news feeds I subscribe are truly doing that for me. I feel like a can keep in touch with things going on in parts of the world that I have visited or want to visit.

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? YES! Frankly, I didn't think I'd be into this blogging thing at all. I'm really surprised at how much I'm enjoying it and I will probably continue to do so. I've had a terrific time checking out other blogs too. I also didn't expect to see so many other staff people talking about the 23 Things. It's really been much more fun than I expected, and I learned more than I expected.


What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? As per one of my blog rants, it would be lovely if all links opened in a new window. Some links did, but at other times, I had found that I'd navigated away from the 23 Things window. It was very useful to have that window open as I worked so that I could refer back to the discovery exercise.


If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate? Definitely! Hopefully it will be as fun.


How would you describe your learning experience in a few words or a few sentences, so we can share our successes and promote this program? This was a true learning experience in which I was fully engaged. I wasn't just going through the motions. I really got into the spirit of the exercise and was completely absorbed in several of the assignments. You know a learning experience is a good one when you can't wait to run and tell people about your latest discovery or triumph!

1 comment:

PiratePrincess said...

Thank you! :) Wow, you got through 23 Things really fast lol.